Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Southern Squash


I don't know what to call this, other than Southern Squash, because that's really where I find it made the most.  I hated vegetables until high school and I would always eat this. I think my Mom taught me this one.

2 yellow squashes
2 green squashes
1 small onion
4 slices of bacon

Cut the bacon into pieces and cook in a skillet over medium heat. While cooking cut the onion into small slices, and the squash into circular slices. When the bacon is almost done add the onion and squash and cook until tender. Season with salt and pepper to liking.

1 comment:

BarbieQ44 said...

To be healthier you can just use a little olive oil or butter, but of course everything tastes better with bacon. Mom.

Post a Comment