Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Chicken Rice-A-Roni Casserole


What's not to love about Rice a Roni? So when I saw it in a casserole, I knew it had to be good. This one is from plainchicken.com. My French fried onions got a little brown on top, so make sure you watch it towards the end. It still tasted really good!

1 box chicken flavor Rice-A-Roni
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream (can use low fat)
3-4 cups cooked, chopped chicken (or 1 whole Rotisserie Chicken)
1 (6oz) can French friend onions

Preheat over to 350 F.

Prepare Rice-A-Roni according to package directions. Add soup, sour cream, and chicken. Stir to combine. Spread rice mixture in a lightly sprayed 9x13 pan. Top rice with fried onions. Baked uncovered for 30 minutes. 

*To cook my chicken, I always put in a pan; season with onion powder, garlic powder, garlic salt, and pepper. Top with about 1/4 cup of chopped onion and 2 tbsp of minced garlic. I cover it  with foil and bake at 325 F for about 1- 2 hours. This is how I cook chicken for any recipe that needs cooked chicken, it comes out really moist and nicely seasoned. I also added a half of can of cheddar cheese soup, because it seemed like it needed a little more soup when I mixed the ingredients together.

2 comments:

Julie Bakes A Lot! said...

this sounds delicious and i love the name change!

BarbieQ44 said...

Sounds really good and you know how Dad likes rice.

Post a Comment