Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Feta and Caramelized Onion Pizza


I made homemade pizza last night and it was so yummy! I found a recipe on Pinterest, but changed it a little. Usually I make my own dough from Fleischmann's Pizza Yeast, but since my babies have been teething I didn't have the time. If you make your own dough from the Pizza Yeast just follow the directions on the back, I also use whole wheat flour to make it healthier.

Feta and Caramelized Onion Pizza
1 pack of Johnsonville Italian Sausage
2 medium onions
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 tbsp of honey
1 cup of tomato sauce
1 premade pizza dough (I used Publix brand, which you can find in the bakery)
1 container of feta cheese
1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese

Cook the Italian sausage in a large pot over medium heat, till cooked through. Drain the sausage, and set aside. In the same pot add the onions and olive oil, and cook for about 1-2 minutes, until tender. Add the honey, and reduce to low. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. While onions are cooking, spread out pizza dough on a pan. Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Layer the sauce, and cooked sausage. When onions are done, spread on top. Then sprinkle with the feta cheese, and cover completely with the mozzarella. Cook in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until crust is down. You may need to cover with foil, to keep the top from burning towards the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment